Under the leadership of the Ambassador, the Embassy provides a number of services to Americans, Irish and other international people:
- Provides documentary assistance and services to ensure the security and well-being of U.S. citizens in Ireland, and grants visas to Irish citizens and other foreign nationals.
- Explains and advocates the position of the United States Government and its citizens on bilateral and multi-lateral political, economic and social issues.
- Reports to the United States Government Irish views on issues affecting American interests.
- Promotes the expansion of American exports in Ireland, advocates open markets, and assists American businesses in establishing commercial links in Ireland and the EU.
- Facilitates cultural and educational exchange between the United States and Ireland.